Cobra Tracking Systems
Cobra GPS Tracking Systems
Have a Cobra tracking system installed in your vehicle now (Cobra Trak 2131 or Cobra Trak 2215). As well as your own understandable desire to protect your pride and joy from theft, motor insurers are often specific in their requirements for the protection provided on a particular vehicle. All the Cobra trackers are insurance approved and Thatcham tested.
Choose from a range of Cobra tracking systems to suit your needs. All Cobra tracking systems utilise the power and reach of GPS (global positioning system) satellites combined with GSM mobile communications to provide effective Europe-wide coverage. Used in conjunction with our secure 24 hour control room, we assist the police in the location and tracking of your stolen vehicle quickly and efficiently.
Cobra Trak 5 and Cobra Trak ADR 2131 (Cobra Track 2131)
Cobra Trak 5 is a Thatcham Category 5 listed product and therefore offers a high level of reassurance in the event of vehicle theft. Not only is the hardware tested by Thatcham, but so too is the Cobra dealer installation procedure and the operation of the 24 hour secure operating centre. CobraTrak 5 is supplied with 2 "automatic driver recognition" (ADR) cards which act to arm and disarm the CobraTrak unit.
Features of Cobra 2131 Trak 5 and Cobra Trak ADR
- Europe-wide stolen vehicle recovery system with Cobra operational support in other European countries.
- Fully automatic 'arm' and 'disarm' feature via ADR cards.
- Mandatory remote starter immobilisation (Category 5 only)
- The unit provides alerts if it detects unauthorised movement.
- This unit also provides alerts to the secure control room if it detects the disconnection of the vehicle battery, the driver card reader or the antenna.
- The module is installed within a secure steel housing for even greater protection.
- Integral battery back-up
- Thatcham Cat 5 listed (Cobra 2112)
- 3 Year warranty
Cobra Trak First/Plus Category 6 2215 (Formerly ThatchamTQA)
Cobra Trak Plus is a simple entry-level stolen vehicle recovery system, but still offers Europe-wide coverage and an alert service when unauthorised movement of the vehicle is detected. The hardware is based on the Thatcham listed Cobra ICD15 series.
On discovery of vehicle theft (or verification of vehicle theft after an alert for unauthorised vehicle movement) the owner must report the theft to the police and obtain a crime reference number, and then contact the Cobra 24 hour control to activate the stolen vehicle tracking procedure. This basic procedure applies for all systems offering stolen vehicle tracking.
Features of Cobra Trak First 2210
- European-wide coverage Accurate GPS / GSM technology
- Movement alert.
- Integral battery back-up
- Module tested to Thatcham TQA-class
- ISO 9002 quality standard accredited
- Full Cobra technical backup and support
- 3 Year warranty
Cobra Trak First 2215 Category 6
Cobra Trak First was launched in September 2009 and has superceded the Cobra trak Q. It has all the same features as the Trak Q but due to technological advancements this unit is smaller, more powerful and water resistant. This 16 channel GPS vehicle tracking system provides Pan European coverage. Cobra are the only tracking company to use roaming sims, ensuring excellent performance.
This product is accepted by all major insurers by gaining Thatcham TQA accreditation.
Features of Cobra Trak Plus 2215
- GPS Positioning
- International communication (GSM)
- Europe wide coverage (36 European countries plus Russia)
- European Police liaison
- No Police hardware required
- Detailed history during the theft to facilitate recovery
- Thatcham 'TQA' accredited
- Sold Secure approved
- Recognised by major insurers
- Unauthorised Movement Detection
- Vehicle Battery Disconnect Alert
- Automatic system health check
- Internal battery back-up
This system provides added security by generating an alert if the vehicle is moved without the keys or if the batery is disconnectd.
Trak Plus Mobile offers customers the facilty to track their vehicles from a mobile phone.
Cobra Trak is now the approved tracking system for Audi, VW, Land Rover, Nissan GTR, Porsche and Alfa Romeo (8C)
Select Auto Systems can install Cobra tracking products as per manufactures specification.
Cobra tracking news
In 2007 Italian based vehicle security manufacturer Cobra AT bought UK vehicle tracking company Navtrak Ltd. With this move Cobra have increased their market share in the vehicle tracking industry and can now offer a larger range car tracking products and provide an outstanding level of customer service.
Coverbox/Wunelli Pay per use insurance
In 2009 Cobra started installing tracking systems into vehicles as part of a Pay-per-use insurance scheme. This offers customers reduce insurance rates depending on the mileage the cover.